Last Modified: December 18, 2018
This policy describes the types of personal information drive.ai (“drive.ai”, “we”, “our”, or “us”) may collect from you or that you may provide when you use the drive.ai services, including our self-driving transportation solutions, website, mobile applications, kiosks, and other products and services (the “Services”) and our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This policy does not apply to information collected by any third party, including through any website, application or content operated by third parties that may link to or be accessible through or on the Services. Also, you may be subject to different privacy policies or terms of service for other websites or applications.
Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
How We Use Your Information
We process your personal information only with your consent or as needed to provide you the Services or our other products and services. We may also use your personal information to comply with legal obligations, operate and protect our business, our customers, for vital or other public interests, or for other legitimate interests of drive.ai as further described below. More
Disclosure of Your Information
We share your information with our partners, including our municipal government partners, contractors, agents and third party service providers and vendors as they need it to fulfill the Services, to comply with law, and for other legitimate interests. We also may disclose aggregated, de-identified information about you for other purposes. More
Choices About Your Information
You can access, get copies of, delete, change, or correct your personal information, or request changes to our use of your personal information by using the contact information below. More
Additional Privacy Information
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of the Services, including:
- Your personal information, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, geographic location, social media information, background information, or any other information collected through the Services by which you may be personally identified; and
- Information about your Internet connection, the devices and equipment you use to access our Services, and related usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us, including via the Services, kiosks, phone, email, or chat.
- Automatically as you use and navigate through the Services. Information collected automatically may include usage details, your time of visit, pages visited, time spent on each page, IP addresses, location, type of operating system used, and other information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect on or through our Services may include:
- Information that you provide on our website, kiosks and other Services. This includes information provided when you sign up for an account, like your name, e-mail address, telephone number, and physical address.
- Photos and videos of you captured by drive.ai’s in-vehicle cameras and external cameras to record what is happening inside and outside of the vehicle, which may include the recording of you and your actions.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, such as when you report a problem with our Services.
- Your responses to questions that we might ask you to complete.
- Your search queries on the Services.
Information We Collect About You. As with many other services, as you navigate through and interact with our Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your use of the Services, including logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the Services resources that you access or use.
- Geolocation data including your specific location and associated location, pickup, dropoff, and traffic data, using GPS, WiFi, and other such technology.
- Information about your devices, computers and Internet connections that you use to access the Services, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
Cookies and other Tracking Technologies. As with many other services, our Services may use “cookies” or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your use patterns. We may collect the following types of information about your use: the domain from which you access the Internet; IP address; operating system and information about the device or browser used when using the Services; date and time of your visit; content you accessed; and referring website (such as google.com or bing.com) and website referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the Services. Our Services use two types of cookies: single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through our Services. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to the Services and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by drive.ai to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you use the Services. We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means, including those from third-party service providers like Google Analytics and other cloud-based tools, (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you use or visit our Service. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns. You can learn more about Google Analytics and your options for opting out of interest-based Google ads at https://adssettings.google.com.
Information We Receive From Other Sources. This section addresses information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites or other services. We sometimes work with third parties and who provide information about you. We obtain information from such third parties with whom we work to provide you with Services (including, for example, sub-contractors, analytics providers, and search information providers).
In addition, we may use third-party providers to serve or track interactions on other websites. You may link to or access our Services using other third-party websites. Use of such third-party websites is subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties. drive.ai does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- To complete any registration, application, or other transactions or actions you request.
- To communicate with you about the Services by email or notifications through the Services.
- To operate and improve the Services and perform any related services, which may include creating an account for you and communicating with you.
- To estimate our customer size and usage patterns.
- To store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Services according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognize you when you return to our Services.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To determine eligibility for registration, use, employment, and other benefits.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Services.
- To present content on our Services in the most effective manner for you and for your devices and equipment, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Services (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Services safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from drive.ai, surveys, newsletters, marketing and advertising, and other information.
- To enhance the safety and security or performance of our products and services. This includes verifying your identity, preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To design and develop new features, products, and services.
- To notify you about changes to the Services.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable law.
- To protect our business, our customers, or vital or other public interests, or for other legitimate interests.
- Disclosure of Your Information
- To municipal government partners where the Services are provided.
- To other partners, contractors, agents and third party service providers and vendors that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of the Services.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain Services, we may share your information in order to provide those Services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
- To third parties in connection with a merger, consolidation, acquisition, sale of assets, joint venture, securities offering, bankruptcy, reorganization, liquidation, dissolution or other transaction of drive.ai’s business, including as part of the due diligence process conducted by the parties to a potential transaction.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Accessing and Managing Your Personal Data. You may access and modify your personal data through the Services. To delete, download or restrict use of your personal information, or for any additional assistance or inquiry regarding such information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org. To help protect your privacy and maintain security, we may take steps to verify your identity before granting you access to the personal information. To the extent permitted by applicable law, a charge may apply before drive.ai provides you with a copy of any personal information that it maintains about you.
- Controlling Your Settings. You can manage some data collection settings through the menu on the Services. You can limit your browser or mobile device from providing certain information by adjusting the settings in the browser, operating system, or device. Please consult the documentation for the applicable browser, operating system, or device for the controls available to you. You can also stop receiving promotional emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions in such emails. Note that unsubscribe is not available for certain emails, such as those concerning your relationship or an active transaction with drive.ai and those necessary to provide the Services.
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our users across third-party websites. In some cases, you may be able to disable tracking mechanisms, but doing so may disable certain features of the Services. To disable tracking, please consult the documentation for your browser, operating system or device. For some devices, it may not be possible to disable tracking mechanisms.
- Data Security
We have implemented technological and organizational measures designed to secure your personal information from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure, including by password protecting applicable systems and transmitting data over secure channels. drive.ai also complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable data breach notification laws, to protect your information. However, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us or guarantee that information within the Services will not be accessed, disclosed, altered or destroyed. Communications sent to or from the Services may not be secure. You should use caution whenever submitting information online and take special care in deciding what information you send to us via email.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Services, you are responsible for keeping the password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Services.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Services; any transmission is at your own risk.
- ADDITIONAL PRIVACY INFORMATION
- Data Transfer
The Services may be hosted or operated in countries other than the country in which you reside. Those countries may have different data protection laws and regulations from those that apply in your home country and you are solely responsible for complying with such laws and regulations. By accessing or using the Services, you authorize drive.ai to process and transfer your data in the United States and in any other country where it operates. Please be aware that the governments, courts, and law enforcement, security or agencies of a particular jurisdiction may be able to obtain access to or disclosure of your information as permitted by the laws of that jurisdiction.
- Third-Party Websites
- Children Under the Age of 18
In general, the Services are not intended for children under 18 years of age, and drive.ai does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Services. By using the Services, you confirm that you are not under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at the address provided below.
- Contact Information