Last Modified: May 7, 2018
This policy does not apply to information collected by us offline or through any other means, or by any third party, including through any application or content that may link to or be accessible from or on the Website. Also, you may be subject to different privacy policies or terms of service for other websites or applications.
- Information We Collect About You and How We Collect It
We collect several types of information from and about users of our Website, including information:
- By which you may be personally identified, such as name, e-mail address, telephone number, geographic location, social media information, background information, or any other information collected on the Website that is defined as personally identifiable information under applicable law (“personal information”); and/or
- About your Internet connection, the equipment you use to access our Website, and usage details.
We collect this information:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically as you navigate through the Website. Information collected automatically may include usage details, IP addresses, and information collected through cookies, web beacons, and other tracking technologies.
Information You Give to Us. The information we collect on or through our Website may include:
- Information that you provide on our Website.
- This includes information provided when you sign up for an account.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses) if you contact us, such as when you report a problem with our Website or other services.
- Your responses to questions that we might ask you to complete.
- Your search queries on the Website.
Information We Collect About You. As with many other websites, as you navigate through and interact with our Website, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect certain information about your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns, including:
- Details of your visits to our Website, including traffic data, location data, logs, language, date and time of access, frequency, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on the Website.
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, operating system, host domain, and browser type.
- Details of referring websites (URL). We also may use these technologies to collect information about your online activities over time and across third-party websites or other online services (behavioral tracking).
The information we collect automatically is statistical data and may include personal information. We may also maintain it or associate it with personal information you provide to us or that we collect in other ways or receive from third parties. It helps us to improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our Website according to your individual interests.
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
As with many other websites, our Website may use “cookies” or other technologies to help us deliver content specific to your interests, to process your reservations or requests, and/or to analyze your visiting patterns. We may collect the following types of information about your visit including: the domain from which you access the Internet; IP address; operating system and information about the device or browser used when visiting the Website; date and time of your visit; content you visited; and website (such as google.com or bing.com) and website referral source (email notice or social media site) that connected you to the Website. Our Website uses two types of cookies: single-session (temporary) and multi-session (persistent). Temporary cookies last only as long as your web browser is open, and are used for technical purposes such as enabling better navigation through our Website. Once you close your browser, the cookie disappears. Persistent cookies are stored on your computer for longer periods and are used for purposes including tracking the number of unique visitors to our Website and information such as the number of views a page gets, how much time a user spends on a page, and other pertinent web statistics. Cookies, by themselves, will not be used by drive.ai to disclose your individual identity. This information identifies your browser, but not you, to our servers when you use the Website. We do not respond to “do not track” signals in your browser. We may also collect data by using “pixel tags,” “web beacons,” “clear GIFs” or similar means (collectively, “pixel tags”) that allow us to know when you visit our Website. Through pixel tags, we obtain non-personal information or aggregate information that can be used to enhance your online experience and understand traffic patterns.
Information We Receive From Other Sources. This is information we receive about you if you use any of the other websites we operate or other services we provide. We sometimes work with third parties and they sometimes provide information about you. We obtain information from such third parties with whom we work to provide you with services (including, for example, sub-contractors, analytics providers, and search information providers).
In addition, we may use third-party providers to serve or track interactions on other websites. You may link to or access our Website using other third-party websites. Use of such third-party websites is subject to the terms of service and privacy policies of those third parties. Drive.ai does not control the use of this technology or the resulting information and is not responsible for any actions or policies of such third parties.
- How We Use Your Information
We may use information collected about you, including personal information, in the following ways:
- To complete any registration, application, or other transactions or actions you request online.
- To communicate with you about the services by email or notifications within the Website.
- To operate the Website and perform any services associated with the Website, which may include creating an account for you and communicating with you.
- To provide you with information that you have requested or to respond to your inquiries.
- To determine eligibility for registration, use, employment, and other benefits.
- To provide you with technical support and to improve our Website and services.
- To ensure that content from our Website is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, to allow you to participate in interactive features of our Website (when you choose to do so), and as part of our efforts to keep our Website safe and secure.
- To measure or understand the effectiveness of communications we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant communications to you and to provide you with communications from drive.ai, surveys, newsletters, and other information.
- To enhance the safety and security or performance of our products and services. This includes verifying your identity, preventing or detecting fraud or other unauthorized or illegal activities.
- To design and develop new features, products, and services.
- To notify you about changes to our services or the Website.
- For any purpose where you have given your consent (where legally required).
- To comply with applicable federal and state law.
- Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose aggregated, anonymized information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual, without restriction.
- To service providers that assist us in the maintenance, improvement, and optimization of our Website.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you sign up for certain services, we may share your information in order to provide those services.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information or with your consent.
- If we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal information in order to comply with applicable law.
- Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with control over your information:
- Do Not Track. We do not currently respond to “do not track” signals as we do not track our users across third-party websites.
- Data Security
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our Website, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone. The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of the Website.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our Website; any transmission is at your own risk.
- Third-Party Websites
- Children Under the Age of 18
In general, our Website is not intended for children under 18 years of age, and drive.ai does not knowingly collect or use any personal information from children under the age of 18. No one under the age of 18 may provide any information to or on the Website. By using the Website, you confirm that you are not under the age of 18. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under the age of 18, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under the age of 18, please contact us at the address provided in Section X below.
- Contact Information